Friday, August 10, 2007

I Hope She Takes Her Computer!

My daughter is going away for a week. If she doesn't take her computer, we will have to put these dueling blogs on hold for a week. This is truly an insane way to communicate with your family, but I'm hooked.

Now let's get something straight about hippie parenting. I was too old to be a hippie. Except for the five years I took off from work to try to be a mother, I was a working stiff all day and went to school some nights and summers. I was trying to get more credits to boost my salary. Hippies didn't do that.

Actually, I was jealous. I was a wanna-be...a spectator. I had too many responsibilities. I was just loosey-goosey on weekends and free time.

Yes, I believed that if you couldn't pronounce it, you shouldn't eat it. That kind of got blown away with the Mrs. Gooch's and MM scandal, but that's another chapter.

I have to agree that you did not have a typical upbringing...think about the police digging up yards around the corner from our house looking for dead rabbits. What's a kid supposed to think about that?

I'm truly sorry for the past. I was trying to be different from my parents. I think you are doing a much, much better job than I did...and that's the truth.

Keep it up and stay married.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Where have you gone? I have missed your blogs, and your responses to "Sue". Please keep up the blogging I enjoy reading it.
-Miki