Sunday, November 4, 2007

Birthdays Doggie Style

Last night we went to a doggie birthday. The dog's owners are lesbian couple. Someone described the crowd as "eclectic"...I'll say, Actually, it was one of the best parties I've been to in ages. There were about 20 dogs, all well behaved. Most of the dogs know each other from the park.

There was a lot of food and drink for the humans. The "piece de resistance", however, was the birthday cake for the dogs...meatloaf with potato icing.

Today I'm off to my granddaughter's birthday party. I wonder what kind of cake she'll have. It better be chocolate!

2 comments:

Ed Word said...

Wow. I've never heard of that before. Great idea though with the meatloaf and potato cake. My dog is going to love that!

Mrs4444 said...

Sounds fun! Every March, when everyone is tired of being stuck inside, we host the annual "Havenwood Howler," a sort of doggy recess, when neighbors come over with their pups. My husband uses the snowblower to make paths all over the yard for the dogs to run. It's a great time. No meatloaf, though.