Tuesday, October 2, 2007

More From The Health Club

This is from the past....

I sit on a an exercise bike in a remote corner, far from the spandex and the meat market, with my head buried in a book. I am clearly autistic or trying to be. My body language says, "Go away." Somehow this posture seems to invite people to my side. Not only do they talk to me, but they tell me their problems and ask ME (of all people) for advice. You must understand that I, at my ripe old age, am still trying to figure out how to get thru my life somewhat gracefully.

So here's one sad tale. A very overweight woman (in spandex) tells me that her husband of 30 plus years has decided he's gay and has taken up with a 20 something year old. She is distraught, confused, hurt, etc. What she finds odd though is that her sex life has improved since her husband has taken up with this young man. She would like to know what I would do under the circumstances. I tell her that I would not be having sex with her husband, but if she felt she must, I advised her to wear a full body wet suit. Wouldn't you think my remark would send her far away from me? Wrong. I became her new best therapist. Go figure!

3 comments:

Maybelline Jones said...

There are certain people among us who are somehow chosen as the "cry on your shoulder while I ask you to psychoanalyze me and give me Dear Abby-esque advice." I am one of those people as well.

Bummer.

Hannah Grace said...

Oh my. This is hilarious. Am I glad you took up blogging. I see where POH/Jessica/Sue got it.

It is weird the advice people listen to and don't. Keep on blogging!

Liz and Cathy said...

Oh my God, love your blog. Very very funny. Can't wait to read about your further adventures.

Liz